Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Belief System

I believe everything happens for a reason. This semester I have been enrolled into a class called Basic Christian Ethics and it has allowed me to realize that most of my belief systems are built upon what I have been taught growing up or just by the ones around me.  What I need is my own belief system built by what I have found.  If I was primarily taught what the Bible says by one person without actually reading my Bible, I don't think I'd ever know what my belief system was... or my salvation would be my parents and not my own.
This is some of my beliefs with scripture supporting why I believe these things. I understand my beliefs may be different than any other, but I do support mine with scripture and how I interpret each one.  Thank you for reading this.

  • I believe abortion is killing a human life that God created. (Gen 1:27, Jm 3:9-10, Ps 127:3; 139:13, 15)
  • I believe cursing and foul language is a strayed person from God. (Eph. 4:29, Col 3:8, Jm 3:10, Mt 12:36-37)
  • I believe in modesty. (1 Tim 2:9-10)
  •  I believe any form of sexual activity before marriage is sin. (1 Cor 7:1-40, Heb 13:4, Ex 22:16, Gal 5:19)
  • I believe in the Baptist Faith & Message (www.sbc.net/bfm/bfm2000.asp)

These are the things I have been challenged with answering this week.  I hope it helps you few.

No comments:

Post a Comment